Today is 1st June and we celebrate Children's Day. Because of this, I remember a question that followed me the entire childhood: ”What do you want to be when you grow up?”
Thinking at this question, I made a list with some jobs I think that are popular with all-times children:
- Teacher. Many children consider their first teacher as an example for them. They enjoy to interact with other children, so they consider this job similar to playing games with other children.
- Police Officer. Children (especially boys) dream of becoming police officers because they fight against bad people and help citizens. They are impressed by their uniforms and all the accessories they were.
- Doctor or Veterinarian. Children want to help other people or to treat animals. If their interactions with the pediactricians are good, they will see this job as an easy and a nice one.
- Dancer or Musician. Many kids dream of being artists – performing on the stage, being popular and being validated by fans. For this, many parents sustain their children with ballet or piano classes.
- Athlete. Many children like sports. They have energy, enthusiasm and courage. They like competition, but also working with a team.
When you are on the other side – of a person who doesn't know what to do – you can do some simple steps:
- make a list of 5-10 jobs you know and organize the list (choosing the favorite ones)
- talk to a counselor and take some career tests (to assess with what you fit with)
- do some research and learn about the job – volunteering work and internships can be some options.
If you were a child, what job would you like to do?