People who consciously count their blessings tend to be happier and less depressed. Gratitude writing can be beneficial not just for healthy, well-adjusted individuals, but also for those who struggle with mental health concerns.
Gratitude is the expression of appreciation for what you have. It is a recognition of a value and it is an expression of being kind. Grateful people feel less stress and experience healthier relationships.
Gratitude is something between an emotion, a feeling, and a personality trait - it boosts happiness, it can be a daily habit or a temporary trait.
So, what to do to cultivate gratitude?
- Start with noticing the goodness in your life. And appreciative it in a real way
- Take photos with things you are thankful for
- Keep a journal with good things that happened to you during the day
- Write thank-you notes / messages
- Make connections with people you meet - smile sincerely and talk deeply with them and offer your support